Monday, January 28, 2008

Good Times, mmm

Friday night was girls night.
Or shall I say Girlz Nite - 'cause it was off the hook and if something is really cool, you shouldn't spell it correctly.
5 hours.
One location.
Three sleeping children.
Two pizzas and one big fat order of Shweaty Balls.

Friday was one of those nights when I think to myself, "There is absolutely no reason for this to be so much fun."
Friday was evidence of the fact that my "care group friends" are really just my friends now. And that's fo' shizzle.
Friday was the night when I got to order pizza and "those doughy, greasy ball-things you guys have on the menu" and then giggle like I'm in 7th grade.
Friday reminded me just how important community is. And how easily a group of girls without a ton in common can make you feel right at home.
I can't help but picture us all in mumu's, eating cheesecake and double daring each other to order those Shweaty Balls.
And that makes me smile all the way into Monday.

1 comment:

Katester said...

I am soooo behind on your blog . . . :( Must catch up this week!