Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I love fall

Trapper keepers and new erasers.
Haircuts and new lunch boxes.
Gym shoes that squeak and school shoes that stain the tips of your socks brown because you forgot to waterproof them and it's still hot enough to sweat at recess.
Organized locker.
The new kid.
Slippers in the morning.
The down comforter at night.
Pumpkin. Spice. Lattes.
New jeans.
Long sleeves.
Hooded sweatshirts.
The breeze.
Dusk at dinner time.
The colors orange, red, and gold.
Crunchy leaves on the sidewalk.
Cider.
Routine.
Good hair days (aka less humidity)
Football games (aka marching bands)
Baking.
Stew.
Chilly husband.
Cozy husband.
Snuggles.
Red wine and green tea.

I really lucked out having a fall baby... fall weeks at home totally make up for spending a hot summer pregnant. I just can't wait.

3 comments:

Katester said...

I almost ALMOST crapped my pants when Peets Coffee and Tea had Pumpkin Spice Lattes yesterday!!! I'm still waiting for the stupid heat and humidity to go back where it came from: the midwest.

sknaB nolA said...

Fall??? What is this fall you speak of?
I think I've seen slippers on television and in movies.

SH said...

It was 45 degrees when I woke up this morning. Should be 75 by 3pm. That's what I'm talkin' about.