Wednesday, September 17, 2008

sweet dreams

They say that the dreams you have while pregnant are some of the most entertaining you'll have your whole life.  I'd have to agree.

It's especially helpful when you sleep as much as I have been the past few days - you remember them better.

Last night, I dreamt that the reason why I hadn't had my baby yet was because it was essential that I convinced Gorbachev to submit to the life-saving dialysis that he was refusing.  I was forced to go visit him - at the Korean strip mall where Keith's best friend used to own a coffee shop in Washington D.C.  And as soon as ol' Gorbachev would agree to go on dialysis, I was promised that I would go into labor.  I was seeking advice from everyone I knew about how to convince him it was worth it because if he said no, would I be pregnant forever?  Or just until he died?  No one could tell me.  And why in the world was this my responsibility over all the people in the world?  It was extremely frustrating.  In part because I woke up wondering - who is Gorbachev again? 

1 comment:

sknaB nolA said...

You are strange!