Monday, July 20, 2009

Hey! I have an idea!

Hey, you! SAHM! Yeah, you!
I love the whole home-school "raise up smart shoppers" thing. Seriously. I do.
If I had all day with my middle schooler, I'd make her* my coupon you-know-what in a heartbeat. I might even go so far as to have charts for store comparison. Probably not - you got me there. But there'd be a price-per-unit discussion, for sure.

But seriously.

You can bet your britches that it would also be a lesson about courtesy.
And when we saw a young, beautiful 20-something professional woman buying pork chops for a last minute dinner party, we'd get out of her way so she can make the best of her lunch hour. Maybe even give her a chance to run home and tidy up the place a bit. And no, we would not get in her way at every possible turn.
No siree.

And while I'm at it, might I suggest that while you're... um... teaching - that you take your calls in the teacher's lounge?

Maybe next time, eh?
Much appreciative.


*I see this trend all the time in Holland. But only ever with girls. Naive to consider that coincidence? Yeah, I thought so.

No comments: