Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Irony

I had a great night last night. It wasn't spectacular or out of the ordinary - it was just balanced. It was leaving work on time, a home cooked meal, a glass of wine on the porch, downtime with devotions, good talks with my husband, SVU, and into bed on time. It was just nice. When I mentioned that to Keith, he pointed out that it's the first night in months that he had to pack again. See, he left this morning for LA (I'll meet him on Friday). Unbelievable. He's right - my comfort zone is definitely him leaving, regardless of how much I love him staying home. Definitely made me feel like I deserved the crappiest wife of the century award. The transition will get easier. We just have to figure out how to celebrate the staying as much as we did the coming home. Now that would be an awesome marriage.

No comments: