Monday, December 10, 2007

I live in Maybury


Last week, Holland hosted the annual parade of lights.
I missed it because I got stood up. That was okay with me - it was 20 degrees that night, without the wind chill.

But when I heard the Sinter Klaas parade was happening on Friday night, I thought - yes! A rerun!

I invited my parents to join Keith and me.
We bundled up in many layers.
We trekked downtown.
We found a parking spot.
We stood on the street.
The parade started right at 7pm.
It ended at 7:05pm.

The parade consisted of three singing groups and Santa. Old school Santa. On a horse.
Read about it and see pictures here.
It's a big time Dutch tradition. Who knew? I just thought it was a big Christmas parade.

The great part is, I recognized 4 people in a 5 minute parade.
Needless to say, my parents think I'm terribly popular.

Note to self - next year, catch the parade of lights instead.

No comments: