Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's a lot of pressure, really

Seems lately that everyone and their sister (including mine) is in the midst of baby-mania. Keith's cousin Brian and Gina just welcomed Hannah to the world.

Steve brings his baby (all 11 pounds of her) to the office once a week. I think babies are good for offices - I'm holding her now as I type. It's hard to be stressed with baby heat in your lap.

I have friends in every direction either eagerly waiting, or adjusting to parenthood. Everyone wants to know when it'll be my "turn" - as if the universe only allows a certain number of pregnancies on the great merry-go-round of life.

I'm here to say, I'm happy to just give her a shove for now, instead of taking a ride.

But I must say, there's a lot of pressure to not just be a parent, but to have a cute kid. And my poor children - having to compete with cousin Lane....


And then there's Grace...



But for now, I'm just a den mother, really...



And for those of you with human children, thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.

No comments: