Friday, May 4, 2007

the other side

I'm stranded at home - I've been fighting a nasty cold for a few days and decided to sleep until I couldn't sleep anymore this morning. I was up at 9am, ready to go, but Keith mistakenly took both sets of our car keys. He doesn't have the best bedside manner.

As I sit in my apartment, waiting for my ride (who better than the owner of the company), listening to the sound of construction, I'm struck with the fact that there are a lot of things I will not miss about 265 Union. Again, in no particular order.
  • Windows that are bigger than standard size - we have the ugliest curtains ever.
  • Hearing our downstairs neighbors come home and party some more at 3am.
  • The fact that it gets to be about 115 in here on a summer day - a pleasant summer day.
  • Not having a bathtub.
  • Living on a one way street, surrounded by construction on all sides. That really sucks.
  • Resenting the fact that we keep fixing stuff we don't own.
That's really all I've got - it really is a great place. I think I'll go sit on the porch and wait for my "bus."

No comments: