Wednesday, November 21, 2007

my list

- thank you for the first sip of coffee, and the couch on which I taste it, and the Bible over which I drink it, and the dark in which I savor it and the house in which it brews.
- thank you for down comforters and fuzzy slippers.
- thank you for Keith.
- thank you for in-laws that feel like blood.
- thank you for a family that communicates.
- thank you for a roof and a yard and a mortgage and a job to pay for it.
- thank you for a belly that's too round with "blessings."
- thank you for my friends and for laughter and for trust and for consistency.
- thank you for memory.
- thank you for sidewalk chalk, basketball hoops, and wii.
- thank you for the flavor mint.
- thank you for leaves that crunch and snow that silences.
- thank you for mittens and kittens and puppies.
- thank you for music.
- thank you for forgiveness.
- thank you for my care group.
- thank you for Ogre Sized Peanut Butter M&M's
- thank you for that moment at the end of the night, when the kitchen lights are dim and my spirit is settled, and my wine glass is full.
- thank you for loving me and hearing me and leading me.

1 comment:

Katester said...

- thank you for that moment at the end of the night, when the kitchen lights are dim and my spirit is settled, and my wine glass is full.

I was JUST thinking about how I love the time period where all the lights are off except the one over the stove, and all is quiet!