Sunday, November 18, 2007

What's NOT to be thankful for?

I got it good.

Last Sunday, Keith and I had the privilege of sponsoring Lily's baptism. I'd pray for my niece whether I was her godmother or not. But the honor of standing in front of my "home" church and committing to do so is a pretty big deal in my book.










This weekend, we stole away for a little R&R... in a heart shaped hot tub :)


I have friends who argue over who's turn it is to dog sit.
I have a husband who makes me laugh just by doing what comes naturally.

We go to a church that makes me weep.
Tears that respond to children making confession of faith, racially mixed parents adopting yet another race's child, worship leaders who sing with my soul. Sermons that could be personal letters addressed to me.

Then we get home... to our house... the house that we own...that's still cool, even when you spend all day raking...


And as soon as we spend more than 10 minutes outside, there is a neighborhood full of kids playing in our yard.


And at the end of it all, the whole family heaps on the couch. At the moment, I'm not sure which one is snoring the loudest.


But my heart is still and glad. And oh so thankful.

No comments: