Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cha-cha-cha-changes

It's been a while, so I'm not really sure where to start.
I've been a bit distracted lately. And I haven't really known how to blog about the big stuff (like meeting every last Hogan and loving every second of it, except the part where I picked up pink eye). But I was reminded of my blog friend when I sat at my desk today contemplating the life of the massive bumble bee that hovers outside the door all day every day. He was here last year, too. Where'd he go during the winter? Does he have friends? Is "he" really a million different bees, each standing guard of their invisible home on different shifts? Hmmm.... I wonder.

That bee is about the only thing in my life that's the same as last spring. My address is different. My waistline is different. My job is different. My outlook is different. (Elephant ears and lemonade at tulip time - that's the same, thank God.)

This week, the most tangible change has been Keith's new job.

And his new hair cut.


Yep. Those are chainsaw chaps and a #1 on the clippers. And yes, they both scare me a bit. So does the idea of our family reentering the world of commuting. So does being my husband's hairdresser. But I've decided I need to not get scared so easily. Told you things are changing.

And would you believe I just now saw TWO bumble bees? Must be a shift change. Amazing.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

You are going to frame the picture of Keith in his "uniform," aren't you? It's definately worthy!!