Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Confession

I don't know how to make camping happen.
Keith and I planned to go camping last weekend. He had to work.
This weekend, he's going with the care group boys. I'm miffed.
July 4th weekend is our anniversary. We will camp.
I want an inland lake, because I want to swim with my dog.
I find campgrounds that look good, but they don't take reservations. And it's a bloody holiday weekend. People will be camping over the 4th starting this weekend.
Arg.
I want to be someplace we haven't been before, but drivable in 4 hours or less.
Any suggestions?

Normally, this would totally be Keith's job, but he just hasn't had any time for the internet lately. I'm trying to fill the gap and failing miserably. But I'm here to tell you - if it requires sleeping in the back yard, we will be camping next weekend. You have my word.

Unless it's real hot...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Did you get it worked out? I'm impressed by your desire to sleep on the hard, unforgiving ground with Bud growing by the minute. Are you nuts?
By the way, I know of a great cabin that you could "camp" at that wouldn't require a tent. Will that suffice?