Friday, June 20, 2008

It's just a great day to be me

Doc called first thing this morning - passed the three hour test. (Way to go, pancreas - I knew you could do it!)

Then I bit the bullet and finally went to the eye doctor. It's been over 6 years since I had new glasses and my contact supply is pathetic. I've been stalling because it's just so dang expensive. Thank you, Walmart. Not only did you save me over $150 from my overpriced, Gucci wearing eye doc on "the north side", but you gave me a doctor who is pregnant and allergic to all the same things as me. I have 2 new prescriptions, new contacts, new glasses, a new process of cleaning and storing my lenses guaranteed to cut down on my allergies (if you're interested, I'll fill you in) and a newfound loyalty to the thief of small-town entrepreneurship.

The bosses decided to offer lunch on the house today as thanks for all the tails being busted around here lately. It included dirt dessert and about 20 too many gummy worms.

And as if this 72 degree sunny day couldn't get any better, I just had yet another encounter with our "intern" that made me laugh out loud. Moments ago, I boxed all my strapless bras to ship off to a bridesmaid (you know who you are) in need of... shall we say "support" (they should get there Monday!) I was pretty intentional about bringing them into the office in a plastic bag and boxing them up in a room alone. All very covert. So the box is sitting in the place where UPS always looks. Cue the "intern" (in quotes because I believe intern-sans-quotes implies some sort of experience/interest in the field). "Have you seen the shipment for cases come in yet?" Nope - haven't signed for anything today. Better track it. Exit "intern." Intern returns with the bra box. "I found this one - should I open it?" Oh... the only way to make this day any better is to forget describing how you can read a label and see who it's addressed to, forget describing that 1,000 CD cases is much heavier than a few bras, and just say "Why not? Might as well check, eh?" Guess we'll have to save that one for a rainy day.


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Yeah Pancreas!

I'm not sure how to comment on the rest:-)