Monday, June 22, 2009

When it rains...

...my basement floods.

For the third year in a row, Holland is seeing record amounts of rainfall.
This past weekend's storm may qualify as a State of Emergency.
My family weathered the storm in a dry tent.
We came home two days later to 3 inches of water in the basement.
The cats were flooded out from their litter box, so even our dry rooms needed some drastic cleaning measures.
Oh how I miss our 2nd floor rental apartment right now. With a landlord. Who you call when stuff smells real bad, leaks, or is broken.

But, after 24 hours, we're in a much better place.
We have amazing families who came to help.
We know better than to keep our good stuff vulnerable in the basement.
Our basement isn't finished, so the carpet that's down is fixable.
Did I mention our amazing families?
Not to mention my POWER HOUSE husband.
Seriously - is there anything sexier than a man with a mop?

There's still about 200% humidity in our house and hotter than you-know-where.
But I'm calling it quits.
After two hours at the laundromat, I feel like Charlie looks:

No comments: