Thursday, March 27, 2008

In the middle... but of what?

I was driving home from Care Group last night, listening to Jimmy Eat World. I really like them, so I was singing along. I sang along pretty loudly to "The Middle" - it's quite catchy. However, at the end of the song, I realized that I only really knew about 1/2 the words. And I was singing loud. But "little girl, you're in the middle..." of what? A rind? That's weird. Does it have anything to do with that group Over the Rhine? If any of you are as bad as me (in other words, you've listened to a CD for 6 years and never actually learned the chorus), I've posted the lyrics here. For your sake, and mine.

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
it's only in your head
you feel left out or looked down on
just try your best
try everything you can
and don't you worry what they tell themselves
when you're away

it just takes some time
little girl you're in the middle of the ride
everything(everything) will be just fine
everything(everything) will be alright (alright)

hey, you know they're all the same.
you know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in.
live right now.
yeah, just be yourself.
it doesn't matter if its good enough, for someone else.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride
everything (everything) will be just fine,
everything (everything) will be alright (alright)

hey don't write yourself off yet.
its only in your head you feel left out
or looked down on.
just do your best, do everything you can.
and don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
everything (everything) will be just fine,
everything (everything) will be alright (alright)

No comments: