Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Life Lessons via ANTM

I caught an old rerun of America's Next Top Model last night. That's right, only one. A girl can only have one all weekend long marathon of Tyra clones in her life.

Nigel had the most remarkable comment. He said, "I think that some people may interpret your insecurities as bitchy."

I don't usually talk back to the television, but he got a big fat "well, duh!' out of me last night. Although as obvious as it seems, I"m really glad he said it. I think every girl should hear that. And they should hear that "bitch" is not a term of endearment. And I'm secretly glad Tyra heard it, too. That girl... Well, I'm not going to allow myself a soap box here. I think I just had to get my ANTM addiction off my chest. There, I feel better now. If you need a little pick me up, don't follow the Nigel link, just google him :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It's such a train wreck. I spend the entire hour rolling my eyes and yelling at the TV, but I can't seem to turn it off. I just have to see the pictures at the end of the show! Perhaps we should be some sort of therapy for each other--say we call each other when we're tempted by yet another episode of ANTM? We can be each other's strength:-)